4 days training at the centre, plus 1 day on site assessment and a NACS Information Pack.
£1,819.00 inc VAT
£1,515.83 ex VAT
The NACS Policy is that if your course is postponed you will be transferred to another available course without any loss of your course fee. For further training information contact Martin P Glynn m: 07507 604917 or email email@example.com
*The price of this course includes 4 days training at the centre, plus 1 day onsite assessment, Chimney Sweep Manual supplied to all candidates and an information pack to take home. Expert Training provided for both manual chimney sweeping and rotary methods. Course includes training on CCTV cameras for surveys and inspection of flues.
Course Aim: This course is aimed at both novice and experienced sweeps. It will provide delegates with knowledge and practical experience, which will enable them to confidently work as a Chimney Sweep and trade as a NACS Member.
Course Duration: 5 days (4 days training at the centre, plus 1 day assessment with a NACS Area Assessment Inspector – to be booked in your own area.
Course Times: 9.00am – 5.00pm each day
Entry Requirement: No chimney sweeping experience necessary. All candidates must demonstrate a good basic understanding of literacy, numeracy and reading skills i.e. be able to complete the certificate of chimney sweeping and warning notices etc prior to assessment. All candidates will be required to complete a minimum of 25 training chimney sweep certificates in your own area (this will be fully explained on the course)
Course Location: National Chimney Training Centre (NCTC), Emerald Way, Stone, Staffordshire ST15 0SR
What the course will cover:
• Flues & Ventilation
• Appliance Types and chimney designs
• Equipment and use
• Sealing up access cleaning points
• All sweeping techniques manual and rotary systems
• Identification of chimney pots, cowls, terminals and their use
• Building Regulations and British Standards
• Best Practice Guides, including Health & Safety, diagnosing faults, CCTV use
• Question & Answer session, Summary & further training options
What is provided:
• Training Manual & Course Study Notes
• Lunch & Refreshments
• Current Building Regulations – Document J (available via email for you to download)
What to bring with you:
• PPE – to include overalls, dust mask, safety footwear & gloves. A full list will be provided with your booking confirmation
You will need to arrange your own accommodation (if required). A list of local accommodation will be provided with your training course confirmation email.
Following successful completion of your assessment, you will receive a Certificate of NACS Qualification, confirmation of NACS Membership, and access to the Members Section on the NACS Web-Shop. You will also be able to trade as a NACS Member, and have the confidence to start working as a Chimney Sweep.
To book places on this course, please select the course date and number of attendees below. You can then complete the attendee details.