Many people think that carbon monoxide only comes from gas appliances, but the truth is ANY fuel that burns creates carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is a very dangerous, colourless and odourless gas, which endangers your health even at low-level exposure.

The side effects resulting from low-level exposure include permanent organ and brain damage, and not surprisingly; infants and the elderly are more susceptible than healthy adults, as are those with anaemia or heart disease.

However, too much carbon monoxide in your blood will in fact kill you.

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

The symptoms of low-level carbon monoxide poisoning are so easily mistaken for those of the common cold, flu or exhaustion that proper diagnosis can be delayed. Because of this, be sure to see your doctor about persistent, flu-like symptoms, chronic fatigue or generalised depression.

If you suspect that you or someone you know is suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning get urgent medical advice, and do not use your appliance until it has been checked properly by a competent person.

For more information please visit the following:-
www.covictim.org
www.co-gassafety.co.uk/